Sunday 5 September 2010

I think the Nyloc nuts will be about a week away now and I'll be adding a load to my Mini for starters. You may have noticed little tweaks to the shopping cart quantities and I've thought of adding a section for Metric fasteners as European and Japanese classics are Metric. Well, a lot of it is to do with my rare motorbike being metric, so I want a load of fasteners to finish off all the titanium stuff I've fitted to that.

I'm in touch with a pressing factory in Wolverhampton and hopefully I can manufactured pressed parts for the Mini.Things like washers and some of the stranger shaped locktab type washers you get on the Mini engine. I'll have to have a chat with the titanium stockist to see which grade is best for this job because grade 5 ti is quite brittle. Well, it was when I tried bending it in a vice with no heat.

What do people think of titanium brake bleed bolts? I had one shear off once and It was a nightmare to fix. I could have a small run of them made.

No comments:

Post a Comment