Tuesday 21 September 2010

Titanium unf nyloc nuts,Spring washers and Metric nuts


I had a delivery last week of titanium ¼”unf nyloc nuts

3/8"unf nyloc nuts

7/16"unf nyloc nuts

1/2"unf plain nuts.

They look absolutely beautiful.




Unfortunately I had to send the titanium nyloc nuts back as there was a fault, which is a shame. The plastic in the nut kept getting pushed out when I tried them out on my Mini. I'm hoping they can sort it as they were lovely. I'm sure they will.


The half inch nuts were really good. I found out they also fitted the rear radius arms as well as the front subframe in the engine bay.

The side hidden under the car that is a bit of a pain to get to unfortunately. You have to use extensions on your ratchet to get at the nut too. They may fit the side visible from the curb but I've got KAD camber brackets with their own special nut so I didn't try them there.

I placed an order about a week ago for some titanium Metric thread nuts. M8 and M6 plain nuts.

The way I see it there are already metric nuts out there but they're just so expensive. So I'll sell some at a good price and maybe expand the metric range.

I bought some 1/2" and 5/16" titanium spring washers which will compliment the plain nuts I already sell.

Oh yeah! I bought 200 countersunk 1/4" screws that fit on the Mini doors. The standard screws are a total nightmare, as the end of the bolt rusts solid. Then when you use a Philips head screwdriver on them you end up rounding out the cross. I had to drill out some of them. The tougher titanium screws will stand up to much more abuse.

Oh yeah again! I've got some cross drilled washers coming for the back of the rear subframe.



That's it for now. Hopefully I'll do more frequent updates. Cheers, Rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment