Wednesday 4 August 2010

Titanium rear brake adjuster has arrived!



They've arrived!

I popped to the engineers this afternoon and picked up the finished 60 rear drum brake adjusters enough for 30 cars. They're very shiny and I can't wait to put the first 2 on my Mini.

About 2 years back I tried making some of these myself on the lathe but it proved too much hard work. I think this shape can only realistically be made on a CNC machine. There are just too many tool changes to make it worthwhile if they were made by hand.

I wouldn't be suprised if this part fits the Austin Healey and I'm sure I've seen this part on two types of Metro I've had.

Weight wise there's a 19gramme weight saving over the standard steel part but it's the corrosion resistance that makes this part so good. Rust, salt and acid won't ever affect it.
http://titanclassics.com/Ti%20rear%20brake%20adjuster.html

No comments:

Post a Comment