Friday 5 November 2010

Nyloc nuts, Metric M8 and M6 nuts and Mini door screws

I should recieve the Nyloc nuts soon. They've been redesigned so the nylon doesn't get pushed out. They should be perfect for under the wheel arches and corrosion exposed areas of classic cars.

There are some M8 and M6 titanium nuts coming too so those will be good for people with European or Japanese cars and bikes.

There will be 200 titanium 5/16" unf countersunk screws for the Classic Mini door hinges. The steel ones are a nightmare because they rust solid from water getting at them down past the window. The titanium pozidrive head should take more abuse than steel versions which always seem to round off the cross slot.

Also I mailed about 18 diagrams for pricing on different products to be made. They were
5/16 x 3/4"long hex head bolt.
Long radiator bolt. Those 2 long bolts that bolt rad bracket to gearbox. (Steel weigh 46grammes each.)
5/16"unf x 3/4"long flanged head bolts that fit to rad side of A series engine.
5/16"unc x 1 3/8" bolt
Oil filter bracket bolts. These are big bolts so I thought there can be a lot of weight reduced with a titanium version.
Pre 1976 front subframe bolt. A nice chap from Stourbridge sent me one of his to measure and model so I'll get a run of these made.


5/16"unf x 3/4" flanged bolt and hex head bolt. These are common on the Mini
5/16"unc x 1" flanged bolt. I can't believe I sold all 100 of this bolt within about 2 weeks.
Pointy radiator bolt. Bolts from the radiator bracket to the bottom of the radiator.
1/4" x 3/4"unf hex head bolt.
clutch throw out bolt and the locknut.


1/4" brake bleed screw
I think titanium bleed screws is an excellent idea because I've snapped these before. I've also released steel ones to bleed my Mini and they've been blocked up so hopefully some of these will make for easier maintenance.

Thats all for now.
Any ideas of what fasteners you think would be good to manufacture. Give me a shout and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment