Friday 1 October 2010

New stainless supplier and my work for Jaguar!

This morning has been great. I've found a new supplier for my stainless hose clamps, which means I can pass on MASSIVE savings to my customers. I have to buy in colossal amounts but that's what a shop does. I now sell a set of 9 Hi Grip hoses (The best you can get) for the Mini for only £15. I obviously bought the first batch way too expensive, but lesson learnt.

I can also talk about the work I did for Jaguar cars now the Jaguar concept car has been shown at the Paris Motor Show 2010. I did the artwork on the gimbal dials for the car, my good friend and colleague did the nostalgia mode for the dials. That's the artwork and animation on the screen below. It was a project that really pushed my skills and I learnt a great deal. I was closely mentored by the team and in particular my boss who had the vision and idea for the gimbal concept. A great deal of research went into the animation before reaching the finished piece.
I actually think the rotating gimbals would work quite well in a production car. Jaguar Land Rover is such an incredible company to work for. So professional and forward thinking. People seem very upbeat and happy there. I've not seen that in many places. :)
Here's a link to an article on this incredible car


Shop update.
I should have those snazzy titanium cross drilled washers, titanium countersunk Mini door bolts, titanium spring washers for sale next week. The titanium nyloc nuts should be corrected and ready for sale in about two weeks.
As always, I fit the parts to my Mini first which means I test the products I sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment